Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sapporo



Chi and I went to Sapporo about a year ago for the Snow
Festival. We flew there in an outlandish airplane that only
fans of anime would appreciate. The festival included an
impressive display of ice and snow sculptures that took up
about 5 blocks (picture: Buddha The Snowman). I also
enjoyed the best meal of my life at the Kirin Beer Garden:
all-you-can-eat sushi, jumbo crab, and grilled lamb and
veggies. It was all-you-can-drink as well. Luckily our
hotel was a short hop, skip and stumble away. Chi and
I also enjoyed a stroll along a river and a snowbank,
both of which were lit up with hundreds of candles.

1 comment:

W. Hackwhacker said...

I think I heard that some of the "ice festivals" in Japan and China were somewhat disappointing this year because the warm temperatures melted the ice sculptures prematurely. Glad you had a chance to see this last year; 10 more years and Sapporo might be the Hotlanta of Japan!

Your fans demand pictures of your upcoming trip to Okinama with Chi and YaYa!!