We started off with a trip to rainy and overcast Okinawa, which was advertised as being sunny and tropical in the brochures. We couldn't snorkel like planned, but we found some other interesting things, including a palace with Chinese influences and a long, steep road winding through houses with stucco walls and Spanish roofs- I thought I was in southern Europe for a second! On the last day we were treated to some street performances in downtown Naha- first, some traditional Okinawan dancing and drums, followed by some greasers doing the twist. There were some wheelchair-bound nursing home residents watching the greasers as well, surely enjoying their flashbacks to the good ole' days of wartime and post-war Okinawa...
Back in Tokyo, Chi and I introduced Shauna to our favorite Beatles bar, Abbey Road. Here's a picture of a cover band doing their best: "We all rive in a yerrow submaline..."
2 comments:
Thanks for posting! Three of my favorite people!!
Didn't you once tell me you have a fetish for "wheelchair-bound nursing home residents"?
Post a Comment