A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to take a road trip to northern Honshu to enjoy the scenery and natural outdoor hot spring baths. We also got to see rice paddies and experience real old skool Japan. The steaming hot bath was lovely in the cool mountain air, however I got some unwanted attention at times. "Look! It's a real-life Cro-Magnon man!"
Friday, July 18, 2008
We're Not In Tokyo Anymore...
A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to take a road trip to northern Honshu to enjoy the scenery and natural outdoor hot spring baths. We also got to see rice paddies and experience real old skool Japan. The steaming hot bath was lovely in the cool mountain air, however I got some unwanted attention at times. "Look! It's a real-life Cro-Magnon man!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice pictures of some beautiful scenes. Please keep them coming, Mr. B.
I just saw an Anthony Bourdain "No Reservations" episode on Travel Channel. He was down in the Osaka area and visited a place that sounded like "Kee-so" Valley (phonetical), where the wood for the shrines comes from. It's a summer tourist spot and looked similar to this area - beautiful mountains and valleys. You're so lucky!
Post a Comment